Welcome!


欢迎, Welkom, Bienvenue, Добро пожаловать, Willkommen, Recepción...Welcome to our exploration of education, technology and life in general! I invite you to regroup and recharge as we prepare to face each day. We cannot go back, what's done is done. Let's walk in the revelation that what is to come is better than what's been. I hope and pray that you glean jewels to ponder or take the opportunity to relieve stress by venting...

Monday, October 1, 2007

What's to come...

Greetings to all! Today, I have had to revisit my motto -"What's to come is better than what's been..." I have had to revisit it many times in the past couple of weeks. The enemy often attacks us through the people we care about the most and recently I have been under attack in the area of relationships. I lost my youngest brother - 39 yrs of age - to pancreatitis on July 30, 2007. This was really rough because we were born 11 months apart and for years we were together like twins! Today - due to circumstances beyond our control - my marriage to my sweetheart has been postponed indefinitely. Yes, I have cried and felt sorry for myself. I have also felt like using some ugly words that I have never used. I have also felt like wrapping my hands around some necks and slowly wringing them. In the midst of all, I had to realize that this is just a test...and none of this is about ME! I am not here for "my" or any other human's -not mother, father, sister, brother, child, etc.-purpose. I am called to God's purpose. I am His vessel. It is not about what I want. It is about "Jesus" and Him being crucified, dying and rising again! So what - if I feel old and really want to be married and really want to have another child - SO WHAT!...I am God's vessel, here to do a work. I have a calling that I must fulfill. We all have different physical, psychological and emotional make-ups in order to fulfill God's purpose for our lives and God has to prune and shape us to prepare us for our work. It is not about "US"! I am a member of the "royal priesthood". I have been "picked out to be picked on"! BUT in the midst of this revelation, God has said "I accept you as you are, love who you are..." - your selfishness, brokeness, bitterness and all. When He gets through with me, I will be what He has called me to be. I hope that we all can look inside ourselves, see our flaws and realize that God loves us anyway. The best is yet to be...Be blessed.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Everything happens in God's time. Your postponement will turn out to be a blessing you didn't know you were going to receive. Thank you for being a real Christian with struggles and being willing to share that with those of us who are struggling too.

Shelly said...

Our time and God's time is not always on the same time line. We so often give God ultimatums of, "if this happens at this time, then I know ...." Well, He doesn't always want things to happen when you do. He knows what is best for His daughter. Let your Heavenly Father help you decide and guide you on His path and you will find the blessings and happiness you not only are looking for and want, but you deserve. If you are mad, upset, disappointed, etc.--that is alright. God is used to us getting mad; just as we as parents are used to our own children getting mad. But like Job, keep the faith and know that it is He that will guide you to what is best for you. You are a blessing to us and I know that you have received many blessings from Him--even though right now it might not feel like it.
Keep the faith sister, we never know what door is opened when another is shut. God is good and will grant you good things. My heart and prayers are with you.