I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works;
and that my soul knoweth right well.
Psalms 139: 14 (KJV)
Today is Saturday, March 10, 2017 - We are literally into the third month of 2017 and what an interesting three months it has been! We have said farewell to one of the classiest, most intelligent and gentle Presidents of all time - President Barack Obama. We have inaugurated someone that has caused many people to take off their veils to reveal the ugliness that lurks in their souls - that is all I will say. Women around the world are waking up to the fact that there are dangers to complacency in regards to women's rights and so on. My blogs are to inspire...so back to our regular programming.
I have been thinking quite a bit lately about self-confidence or the lack thereof. Self-confidence is awareness and belief in your personal judgment, abilities, skills, power, etc. In recent months, my self-confidence has diminished. After a conversation with my life coach (yes, I have one and if you would like to contact her - email me - she's great!), I realize that my self-confidence has taken a beaten in the past few months. Understand that by nature and virtue, I am a winner! If I make up my mind to do something, I achieve my goal. I will achieve the goals that I have set personally, professionally and within the scope of my businesses. That being said, my actions/reactions of late are not reflective of that mindset. Which leads to the question what can I do to get back on track? I am being very transparent here because I believe this will help somebody.
So how can you rediscover your self-confidence?
- Hire/Find a life coach - this should be someone you believe in and someone willing to get in your face with reality. Call them an accountability partner. This person will call you on your crap and help you understand the obstacles/personal hindrances to obtaining your life goals. Try here - (www.reallifehelpers.com) or call 615.307.0786.
- Daily Affirmations - Practice daily affirmations. Place post-it notes on the bathroom mirror, in the car, type them in a revolving marquee setting on the computer wallpaper and READ at every opportunity. Read it and say it until is etched into your soul. A good place to start is here... (http://www.louisehay.com/affirmations/)
- Me-Time - This is required! Sometimes you are so busy being everything to everybody until you forget who you are and that your dreams and desires are important, too. So take some time to get a shampoo/wash/cut, get manicure/pedicure, go window shopping, take a drive or walk, do something that you want to do. If you do not want to leave home, take a long hot soak and read a good book. Learn a new craft - do something for YOU.
- Dress-Up - Dress the part! Look like the success story that you are. If you do not have a penny in your pocket, you can still look like you are priceless. Put on that suit or dress. Accessorize - (parazziaccessories.com/65484/ - visit my site for accessories that are only $5 😍 ) - yes, I just plugged my business! But put on those earrings, necklace, tie or whatever that makes your outfit pop and walk with your head up! Do this even if you are just going to Wal-Mart.
- Introduce yourself - Yes, go out and meet people. This says to a person that you believe in yourself (even if you are shaky on that point) and that you are someone they need to know. Smile and say "Hello."
This is a day-by-day process. Take a note from Nike, "Just do it!" Watch how your outlook on life changes. Remember, you are not alone on this journey called life, but sometimes you have to be your own cheerleader and say - "I am a Winner!" Then - believe it! Be happy, be blessed!