Welcome!


欢迎, Welkom, Bienvenue, Добро пожаловать, Willkommen, Recepción...Welcome to our exploration of education, technology and life in general! I invite you to regroup and recharge as we prepare to face each day. We cannot go back, what's done is done. Let's walk in the revelation that what is to come is better than what's been. I hope and pray that you glean jewels to ponder or take the opportunity to relieve stress by venting...

Friday, December 9, 2016

A Tribute...

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
2 Corinthians 5: 8


Mothers are our special gifts from God. They carry us in their bodies, rock us on their knees, nurture and care for us and protect us with every part of their being.  They usher us into adulthood with tears in their eyes and pride in their hearts.  For those that are called Home early, they still left their imprint on the lives of their children.

As a mother, I am blessed to have witnessed my son reach natural adulthood and I am excited about what God has ordained for his future.  I am blessed as a daughter to have had my mom for 39 years of my life and I cherish the legacy she left with me...

But today, I celebrate the life of a woman that I never had the opportunity to meet.  Mrs. Patricia Faucett Gonzalez is my mother-in-law.  I married her son 6 years and 3 months ago.  She went to be with the Lord 33 years ago today, two days after her 40th birthday.   Ms. Pat left a legacy through her husband and 4 children - Anthony, Patrick, Deatra and Kenneth.  She loved her children...how do I know this?  Even today, the love is evident in all the memories her family and friends share of her.  She touched and impacted many lives in her 40 short years here on Earth.  Her children like the rest of us have stumbled and tripped in life, but her prayers and words of wisdom were planted and continue to sustain them.  So today, they still overcome - they get up and try again.  Her love for cooking  - which is a love language among Southern-born mothers - is evident.  All of her children, even Kenneth who was very young at her passing, have her gift for creating dishes full of love and yumminess.  She was outgoing and made many friends throughout her life and they still share her memories with her family.  What a legacy to leave, Ms. Pat! I never met you here on Earth, but based on your testimony - We will meet in the spiritual realm.  Continue to rest in peace, Ma'am. 


No comments: