Welcome!


欢迎, Welkom, Bienvenue, Добро пожаловать, Willkommen, Recepción...Welcome to our exploration of education, technology and life in general! I invite you to regroup and recharge as we prepare to face each day. We cannot go back, what's done is done. Let's walk in the revelation that what is to come is better than what's been. I hope and pray that you glean jewels to ponder or take the opportunity to relieve stress by venting...

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Who are you?

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. Psalm 139: 14 (KJV)

I am on a journey back to me.  I know, I know...I should know who I am by now, but the reality of that is - I do not know who I am - really! Recently, I have given much thought to this question because I found myself trying to fit into a box meeting the constraints of "whom" others say that I am or who I should be.  The problem with this is, these people do not know who I am.  They cannot know because, in order to know who I am, they have to know who my spirit man is. In order to identify another's spirit man, you have to know who YOU are in the spirit and at this point in time, many are not concerned about their spiritual identity.  They are giving lip service to Christianity, but are failing to fulfill their need to relate with The Father.

But, I am there. I want to be a more effective vessel for God.  I want to be a walking billboard which says "I know a Someone who loves you in spite of everything you have ever done or imagined, let me introduce you to Him." In order for me to be that billboard, I am revisiting the question of "who are you?" Susan has gotten lost in being the wife, mother, teacher, entrepreneur, student, sister, aunt, caregiver, friend, etc.  So I am going to do my first work over again.  I am going to rediscover me and who I am in my Father's eyes.

I started with this devotional article found on http://www.todayschristianwoman.com - "Need a Confidence Boost?".  So today I take the first step - I am replacing my misconceptions of me with truths that are presented in God's Word. Using the article as a foundation, I will spend time with the following affirmations and scriptural proof of who I am in Him:
The author ends this study with the following quote about God's generic description of Eve - "All he tells us about her in Genesis 1:2731 is that she was made in his image and it was very good!" So, I am inserting my physical strengths, weaknesses and character flaws in a descriptive sentence of who I think I am and ending it with "I am made in the image of God and He says that I am all of that and more!" Stay tuned for the make-over!
Wallace, Verla. "Need a Confidence Boost?" Today's Christian Woman. N.p., 01 May 2000. Web. 14 Dec. 2016.

No comments: